Request for quote
Maac Anti-dandruff Therapy
Precautions to be taken by those who have dandruff
There are certain precautions that should be taken by a person suffering from dandruff. Following these simple things could avoid contagion of dandruff.
- Avoid using combs used by other people. Especially, when a person is suffering dandruff, never use his/her comb. Dandruff is highly contagious.
- If you are suffering from dandruff and if you are using an anti dandruff shampoo, make sure you wash your comb every time after using the shampoo.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of your hair. Make sure you take care of your hair and maintain it clean and healthy. Following a hygiene and healthy hair care regime can keep away dandruff to a great extend.
- Shampoo at least once a week. While washing your hair, avoid the water from your hair dripping down your face as it may cause pimples.
- Do not allow your hair to remain wet for a long time. Leaving the scalp wet for a long time facilitates growth of dandruff.
- Egg shampoo can be prepared by beating 2 or 3 eggs with a little water in it. Apply this mixture on the hair after wetting the hair and massage the scalp for sometime. Let this remain on the hair for sometime before washing it off with water. This treatment is very effective in preventing dandruff.
Signs and Symptoms
- There are while flakes of dead skin that dot your hair and shoulders
- Oily looking flakes
- Itchy, tingly, and soreness on the scalp
- Hair fall
- Red, flaky, greasy patches of skin (adults, Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp in adults)
- Crusting and scaling rash on scalp (babies with Seborrheic dermatitis, or cradle cap)
Causes of Dandruff
- Dry skin
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Unclean habits
- Stress and emotional problems
- Skin diseases like psoriasis or eczema
- Hard shampoos & sensitivity to hair care products
- Exposure to severe cold
- Excessive intake of oily and sweet foods
- Erratic and faulty eating habits, eating nutritionally deficient food
- Anemia, poor blood flow to the scalp region
Dandruff Treatment Dandruff can be managed and controlled by the use of mild shampoos. There are a number of medicated anti-dandruff shampoos each with a different ingredient like
- Selenium sulfide (i.e. Selsun)
- Ketoconazole (i.e. Nizoral) available as 1% over-the-counter shampoo and a 2% prescription-shampoo.
- Zinc pyrithione (i.e. Head and Shoulders, Pert Plus Dandruff Control)
- Salicylic acid (i.e. Sebcur, T-Sak)
- Tar shampoos (i.e. T-Gel)
General measures to prevent Dandruff
- Using an anti-fungal shampoo once in a week
- Brush your hair daily and wash it at least three times a week.
- Ensure to rinse your hair thoroughly in order to get rid of all the shampoo on the scalp.
- Avoid using chemical additives and styling products like hair coloring on your scalp.
- Include plenty of Vitamin B in your diet; this will counteract inefficient carbohydrates and fatty acid metabolization which can cause dandruff.
- Add garlic and oil of oregano to your recipe. You could even consume them in capsules.
Home Remedies to treat Dandruff
- Tree tea oil
- Baking Soda
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- White Vinegar / Apple cider vinegar
- Fenugreek seed paste