Request A Quote
A mid-face lift, also known as a cheek lift, addresses one of the earliest signs of aging – sagging of the cheeks and the surrounding area. For many, the traditional face lift may not fully treat the upper cheek and lower eyelid areas of the face, which often flatten and lengthen with age. A cheek lift elevates the fat pad in the cheek (called the malar fat pad), providing fullness to the eyes and cheeks – leading to a refreshed, rejuvenated look. Results are more permanent than those offered by injectables, and recovery from a mid-face lift is quicker than a traditional facelift.
Mid-face lift or Cheek Lift Procedure
Traditionally, a cheek lift elevates the sagging cheek tissue (malar fat pad) by using minimal incisions around the hairline and ear. This approach gives a more youthful appearance to the cheekbones and reduces the nasolabial laugh lines around the mouth. Sutures are then placed in the fat pad as it is pulled back up to its original position. Maac surgeons have fine-tuned the use of endoscopic cameras and other technological advances for mid-face lift procedures that target the skin and muscle tissue in the cheeks – tightening and smoothening the appearance of deep marionette lines (vertical lines that run downward from the outer corners of the mouth along the outside of the chin) and nasolabial folds. The mid-face lift surgery lasts approximately two hours, unless additional procedures are being completed at the same time.
A mid-face lift can dramatically change your appearance. While your results will be immediate, the cheek pad may look “overcorrected,” but, over time, the cheek settles into a natural position. To maintain your results, it is important to follow up with your Maac cosmetic surgeon, as well as using sunscreen regularly. View our cheek lift (mid-face lift) before and after photos to see results from actual patients.
Ideal Cheek Lift Candidates
A mid-face lift (cheek lift) is a highly individualized procedure. Good candidates for a mid-face lift include:
- Individuals with heaviness below the cheeks
- Individuals with hollowness beneath the eyes
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of their appearance.
- Candidates who have early facial aging changes and loss of volume in the cheeks, to re-establish youthful cheek volume and contour
- Candidates who want to soften or eliminate deep, pronounced nasolabial folds
- Candidates who want to elevate the lateral aspect of your eyebrows
- Candidates who and have faces with heavy lines or sagging skin
- Candidates who are in good health and have realistic expectations for results
- Advised to avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements,
This procedure is most suitable for a person who has always had a droopy looking cheek, even when they were young. During the procedure, Small incisions are made above your ears or placed inside the mouth on each side to approach the cheeks from below, and muscles will be tightened, and cheek tissues will be repositioned to achieve a more youthful appearance. Incisions are hidden just within the hairline above your ears. So any resulting scarring will be easy to hide.