BOTOX CALF SHAPING
Protein Injections are a medication that is injected directly into muscles. Its purpose is to restrict muscle activity. … Using a series of syringes, doctor precisely injects the protein evenly across the gastrocnemius muscle, which is the main muscle in the calf responsible for bulkiness and definition.
IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR PROTEIN INJECTION CALF REDUCTION:
Almost anyone who is unsatisfied with the size of their calves is a candidate for calf reduction. They must also be in good health, meaning no serious illness. When you come in for your initial consultation, your doctor will perform basic tests and ask about your medical history to ensure you’re in prime shape for calf reduction.
HOW MUCH CAN IT REDUCE MY CALVES?
Certain methods, such as protein injections, may not reduce calf size at all, but will instead create a smoother and less muscular appearance. Other methods, such as partial calf resection, can reduce calf circumference up to 3 inches. It all depends on the size of your calves and which procedure you’d like to receive.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS?
The primary side effect of calf reduction is difficulty walking for the first one or two weeks following surgery. This is natural, since most calf reduction methods work by paralyzing or removing part of the calf muscle. Your body needs a brief period to adjust, at which point your full calf function should return.
When you come in for your initial consultation, your doctor will go over any other side effects that may occur, as well as effective methods for preventing or minimizing them.
HOW IS CALF REDUCTION PERFORMED?
- At the Calf Reduction Center, we offer 5 methods of calf reduction. The method used depends upon the size of your calves and how drastically you want to reduce them. The available procedures are:
- Protein Injections, which use controlled atrophy to temporarily create a smoother contour in the calves.
- Calf liposuction, which removes stubborn pockets of fat that may have built up in the calves and ankles
- Radiofrequency calf reduction, which selectively burns muscle fibers in the calf, causing the overall calf to reduce in size and definition
- Selective neurectomy, which severs specific nerves to the calf, reducing muscle activity and decreasing the size
- Partial calf resection, which directly removes part of the calf muscle responsible for bulk.
Anesthesia is not required for this procedures it generally produces very little discomfort, if needed patient can opt for topical cream application for numbing the particular area throughout the procedure
Using a series of syringes, doctor precisely injects the protein evenly across the gastrocnemius muscle, which is the main muscle in the calf responsible for bulkiness and definition. This procedure can often be performed in under an hour.
Benefits of Botox Calf Shaping
- No anesthesia required
- No recovery time
- Leaves no scar
- Reduces prominence of the calf muscle