FILLERS FOR DORSUM OF THE HANDS
Following the trend in facial cosmetic procedures, patients are now increasingly requesting hand rejuvenation treatments. Intrinsic ageing of the hands is characterized by loss of dermal elasticity and atrophy of the subcutaneous tissue. Thus, veins, tendons and bony structures become apparent. Among the available procedures, intrinsic ageing of the hands is best improved by restoring the volume of soft tissue
Volume restoration can be achieved with a number of long-lasting dermal fillers with varying degrees of improvement and treatment longevity. The dermal fillers used in hand rejuvenation include autologous fat, collagen, hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite and poly-L-lactic acid. Here, we describe our preferred injection method for hand rejuvenation using calcium hydroxylapatite and a single-bolus injection.
Apart from the face and neck, the hand is the most visible unclothed area of the body.However, despite great advances in facial cosmetic procedures, hand rejuvenation has been largely neglected.Cosmetic patients notice that the aged appearance of their hands contrasts with their rejuvenated face and increasingly request hand rejuvenation procedures.
A number of options are available to restore the youthful appearance of the hands. Most hand rejuvenation treatments focus on extrinsic ageing by unifying pigmentation and skin resurfacing. These treatments, including topical acids (tretinoin and vitamin C, among others), topical 5-fluorouracil, bleaching agents, microdermabrasion, chemical peeling (light and medium peels) and laser or intense pulse light treatments, have been shown to be the most appropriate. However, some of these temporary treatments can be associated with permanent pigmentation changes and hypertrophic scarring. Sclerotherapy and phlebectomy have been used to minimize the appearance of veins but these are uncommon procedures that can be unnecessary following volume restoration.
The advantages of stem cell transplantation in hair restoration is that:
- Outpatient procedure
- Promotes natural hair growth
- There is no risk of side effects of other treatments, such as allergic reactions, infection or irritation to the skin of the scalp.
- Stimulate the weak or aged follicle
- Make hair follicle healthy and strong
- Stop the process of hair loss
- Improve thin and damaged hair
- Strengthen the existing hair
- Regenerate hair and make them healthy
- The treatment is soft, safe, and non-permanent
- Results are immediate and typically last 6-9 months.
- Dermal fillers are suitable for all skin types and require no pre-treatment skin test.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers are also very effective on severely deep corns that have developed on the bottom of the feet. Using Hyaluronic acid fillers under the corn can significantly decrease pain and may eradicate the corn for several years.