LASER HAIR REMOVAL IN BANGALORE
Laser hair reduction is a non-invasive technique that uses highly concentrated light to penetrate inside the hair follicles and effectively slows down the hair growth. Laser hair reduction is safe, fast, gentle and more effective way to remove unwanted hair with permanent results.
How Does Laser Work?
Before starting with the procedure a topical numbing cream is applied / cooling machine is used in order to minimize the discomfort. The laser emits a very specific beam of light at a wavelength that is targeted at melanin in the hair or at hair bulb. The laser beam passes through the skin and is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle.
- Skin that has been treated should be cared gently for several days.
- Advised not to rub the treated area
- Sun exposure must be avoided if a darker spot occurs, as that may intensify the hyper-pigmentation.
Frequency Of Treatment
On average, five treatments are necessary in each area to achieve maximum results because at a certain percentage of hairs will be in “resting” phase at any point of time. The laser will not be effective on resting hairs. Laser hair reduction will not guarantee a permanent eradication of hair growth. Patients are advised touch-up 1-4 times a year to maintain the improvement.
Complications Associated With Laser Hair Reduction
- There will be a burning pain sensation, which lasts for an hour or two.
- A temporary swelling may occur immediately after treatment, especially on the face.
- Pigment changes may occur in patients with darker skin tone which are usually temporary and will fade within 1-6 months.
- The ideal candidate for Laser hair reduction procedure has hair that is darker than skin color.
- Laser does not work well for grey hair, fine blond hair.
- Women with polycystic ovarian disease and other hormonal disorders like hypothyroidism can undergo Laser hair reduction provided they are on treatment for the particular condition and the number of treatment sessions will be more to achieve better results.
- It is very important to have a realistic expectation regarding individual results of hair reduction.